Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Erins

Danny (3), Rachel (1), Troy (3) & Colt (10 mo)



Last week we go the chance to see one of my best friends in the WORLD!!! Erin and her little famiy live in Switzerland so we are lucky to see them once or twice a year when they come to the states to see family. I live an hour from her sisters house so that is usually where we just hang out and let the kids play. Erin and I met in 2002 in a sign language class at UVSC. We just happened to sit by each other and really hit it off. It turned out we lived in apartment complexes that were right next to each other so we'd get together to study and watch "Real World Las Vegas" :) Usually in my friendships, my friends and I share differences that I respect and really enjoy, but with Erin it's different. In my eyes, we are literally the same person! We have the same likes in food (buttermilk pie from Maglebys Fresh!), clothes, TV shows, views of parenting, marriage, family issues...we just seem to think alike. We got married at the same time, had each of our kids at the same time...We have a very special relationship. She was the first person I called when my water broke and I was on my way to the hospital with Colt because it was the middle of the night and I knew she's be awake half way across the globe! I can't wait to hopefully go see them in Switzerland before they move back. I love you Erin!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Erin!
I'm so glad I got to see you! Now it's your turn to come visit me!! (even though technically you just did:) I look pretty sickly in that picture. All well, I guess I had a good enough excuse:)
I love you Erin and can't wait to see you again!