Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yikes!

5 days post surgery, the day I got out of the hospital

2 weeks post surgery

3 1/2 weeks post surgery

Ok, don't think I am a sicko but I have gotten several requests to post some pictures of my scar! I know, it's gross but to me and Kev, we think it looks awesome compared to what it used to look like! I am doing soooo much better now! I am off of my pain pills, back on a normal sleeping schedule, hardly using my back brace, and walking around the block! Oh, and I've lost 12 pounds even though it will probably just come back...I even fit in my skinny Seven jeans I haven't worn sinch before Colt was born :) Everyone recovers differently from surgery and I guess I am just on the speedy side! I still can't lift anything more than a gallon of milk or bend over so it's still tough to do stuff around the house but overall, I am on my way to a full recovery. And I am proud to say that I have no back pain like I did before! Yeah! So thanks everyone for your prayers and calls...I have the best friends and family ever!


1 comment:

Aubrey Messick said...

Are you kidding me!!! That is one gnarly looking scar Erin. Do you think you'll ever get on another longboard again?!?!