Kev & his brothers: Brett & Brian. Aren't they all so handsome!? The boys, not Gertie.
Kev & Jared Anderson...the man who saved the day :)
Yuck. Kev said he sat on him and blood poured out of his mouth. Ugh.
Well the day was finally here, and it was actually pretty exciting on my part too! Kev has been waiting to shoot this elk for about 5 months since he found out he got this tag, which apparently is a very special tag that not a lot people get. Everyone was excited to go with him hunting this year! Kev and his brothers were on the mountain for a week without having any luck getting one. Then our friend, Jared, told me that he could lead him right to one. So I said, "Where were you a week ago, Jared!" Long story short, Kev got his elk and we are all happy. It is a 6x6 (the points on his horns) and is huge in my opinion. I guess I think he is huge cause I have no idea how he is going to fit on our wall in our living room. Yes, I finally gave in. I was SO against it for so long but Kev finally came with the argument that my hobby is scrapbooking and I have my own room for it. And his hobby is hunting and all he wants is one elk on the wall. What could I say? He spoils me in every way so I had to honor his one little request....on 2 conditions of course. #1. I got to name him....a girl name. Meet Gertrude. #2. I get to dress him up for each holiday....he can wear goggles in the summer, a Santa hat at Christmas...etc. I thought my mom would appreciate that one :) I am just glad this hunt is over. Congrats, Kev!






14 comments:
Way to go, Kev! Always knew you were a straight shooter.
EWWWWWW! My dad loves hunting too and I just can't imagine shooting an animal! You are such a nice wife to let him hang it up on the wall. I don't know if I could do it! :)
OH, my word is that for real!!! Good job Kev! We miss you guys!
CONGRATS KEVIN!!! I love it. I am one of those crazy wives that would make a spot on the wall for a nice big elk. That is an awesome size too. WAY TO GO!!!
Wow! That is a big sucker! I laughed hard about the decorating her for the holidays! Way too funny! Have fun with that!
Oh no he didn't! Look at the size of that thing!!!
Gertie is sure going to look on your wall! Especially with a santa hat! I can't wait until I get one on my wall!
My Dad loved to hunt and he had a huge elk. He even won an award for it. And we had just regular 8 foot ceiling and the elk took up at least half the living room. I always thought my mom was pretty patient for doing that. We did give him a felt red nose at Christmas time! Oh, and your boys pictures turned out really great I think.
Ha, Erin you are such a fester! That is huge, they kept telling me how big it was but didn't realize it was that big!
Oh wow, you are a good wife! I laughed at the decorating Gertrude. Might as well have fun with it!
I also have to say that I have the cutest brothers ever, I can't wait to see you all again.
Can't wait to see it decorated for Christmas!
Hey Kevin
This is actually Ladd - I checked out the blog hoping for some "field pics" and they look good. Congrats again on the hunt of a lifetime! I got some pictures up on our blog also. Thanks again for the help last week - you're a stud!!
Post a Comment